Thursday 19 May 2011

Easter Trip & Recipe Sharing

In April, I took a long flight back to Malaysia which stopped over at Dubai.
Malaysia is a tropical country & full of passion.
I hadn't back to my hometown for 4-5 years, it was a great chance for me to meet my old friends & family, also enjoy the foods.
When it comes to friend gathering, it always come with eating & shopping.
There're a lot of shopping centres with food courts, even there's no food courts, there're surely restaurants & food stalks nearby.
I was truly spoiled by Malaysian foods :)

There are many beautiful islands in Malaysia but I didn't go to any this time, that's my friend to be blamed of as she couldn't make it.
Instead, we had a eating tour across Selangor, from mountains to seaside.
Sorry for not giving much details on route & planning as I didn't drive.
However, I can tell you that seafood is a must, so do Japanese & Korean cuisine.
Thanks to all who has spent times travelling & eating with me, I've had a wonderful time in Malaysia.

After talking about the trip, I'm sharing a recipe of tofu cheesecake.
The recipe includes Genmaiha or brown rice tea.
I can't really taste the tea as it blends so well with tofu & it enhances the delicate flavour of tofu.
The cheesecake is very light & smooth, I'm really pleased.
The other day, my sisters came by to visit us & brought us a blueberry cheesecake, it was great.
To be honest, my sister is a better chef & she is starting her pastry course at Le Cordon Bleu in London soon.
Wish her all the best :)
Recipe (6" square):
Crust
90 g digestive biscuit crumbs
35 g unsalted butter, melted

Mix the crust ingredients & press into a 6" square tin, refrigerate before use.

Soya sponge cake base
1 egg
20 g sugar
20 g soya bean flour
8 g sunflower oil

Preheat oven to 180C & line a 6" square tin with a parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk the egg with sugar until pale, thick & fluffy using electric mixer.
Sift in the flour, cut & fold gently until smooth.
Add the oil, cut & fold gently until smooth.
Fill in the prepared pan & bake for 12-15 min.
Remove from the oven & cool on a wire rack.
Place the cake on top of the biscuit crust.

Cheesecake filling
200 g cream cheese
70 g sugar
190 g silken tofu
100 ml soya milk
2 teabags Genmaicha or brown rice tea
100 g whipping cream
15 g gelatine leaves

In a saucepan, bring soya milk & Genmaicha to boil, cover with cling film & leave it to cool.
Soak the gelatine leaves in ice water until soft, squeeze out excess water & melt with the Genmaicha soya milk.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
Add the tofu & stir well.
Blend in the Genmaicha soya milk.
In another bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks & fold in the cheese mixture.
Pour into the prepared tin & refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Decoration
100 g whipping cream
1/2 tbsp yuzu honey tea or honey
Genmaicha or brown rice tea
Honey yuzu rinds

Combine whipping cream & honey tea in a large bowl, whisk up the whipping cream.
Cut into 8 entremet & decorate with whipped cream, Genmaicha & honey yuzu rinds.

5 comments:

  1. ive not tried genmaicha before! is it the tea they serve in japanese restaurants? and silken tofu is the sort for mapo tofu? this looks like a really interesting recipe and i would love to try it out! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genmaicha is one type of Japanese tea, I think it's served in Japanese restaurants. You can also get the tea from Chinese groceries.

    I normally use hard silken tofu for mapo tofu but soft ones for cheesecake.

    Thanks stopping by my site & I love you blog, what amazing photos you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If using loose leaf genmaicha, how much should I use? Thank you for any help! :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Additionally, it doesn’t matter how extremely you should be complete with treating a very platform, gradually you’ll discover an instance the places you should want to do a number instruct care; and as a consequence influenced by your real age but also bodybuilding, therfore the inches of one’s caravan it could be a awfully excessive pastime. motor movers
    If you want to learn more about https://theelectricblender.com/best-small-blender/, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails