Friday 13 January 2012

White Wine Cheesecake



I almost forgot to share this recipe, the photos were lost in my endless photo library.
I've created a new portfolio from 500px as you can see I've added a new badge & a new tab at the top :)
So, I'm reorganising my photo library at the moment.

A snapshot of my 500px wall.

I found the photos from the library & then I've to find the recipe...
Luckily, I have an iPad & I've used it to jot down note & recipe.
I barely remember what I liked about the cheesecake but the chewy bits & the subtle note of wine.. from my note.


Recipe (8" round):
Crust
150 g viennese butter cookie crumbs
75 g unsalted butter, melted

Mix all ingredients & press into a loosebase cake pan.

Grapes in White Wine
240 ml white wine
200 g green grapes, chopped
1 tbsp dried osmanthus (optional)

Combine all ingredients & leave to stand overnight.
Drain to remove grapes & reserve the wine for the filling & topping.

Cheesecake Filling
250 g cream cheese
100 g sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
240 ml whipping cream
10 g sheet gelatine
120 ml white wine, from grapes in white wine
grapes in white wine

In a small saucepan dissolve sheet gelatine in white wine over low heat.
Beat cream cheese, sugar & lemon juice until smooth, then fold in gelatine mixture.
Whisk whipping cream to soft peaks, then gently fold into the cheese mixture.
Fold in the chopped grapes.
Pour into the prepared pan & refrigerate to set.

Decoration
90 ml white wine, from grapes in white wine
15 g sugar
50 g water
4 g sheet gelatine
Grapes
Lemon slices

In a small saucepan, combine wine, sugar, water & gelatine over low heat until gelatine is dissolved, cool slightly.
Pour over the cheesecake & refrigerate to set.
Remove from the pan & decorate with lemon slices & grapes.

16 comments:

  1. Ooooo, that looks very intriguing. Is it a dessert cake, or do you consider it a savoury? Your slices suggest dessert...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I'd consider it to be a dessert :)

      Delete
  2. Looks pristinely beautiful! Love the idea of white wine in a cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've made a lychee & white mousse cake before & it's great so I gave it a try.

      Delete
  3. What a unique cheesecake!

    http://daily-iphoneography.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaanks fot stopping by. You have a lovely web with photos :)

      Delete
  4. Can't say I've ever tried a white wine cheese cake! Sounds nice though, I'll be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What White wine did you use in this recipes? I can see how different wines make for a completely different cake. I enjoy experimenting and trying new things so I can see me making more then one version of this.

    Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, different wine will be slightly different. I don't know wine very well... it's sweet & fragrant, hope that helps.

      Delete
  6. Does the cake not stick to the sides of the pan? Do you line the pan with wax paper or something? I haven't ever made a cheesecake before, but I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a chilled cheesecake and I used a loose base cake pan. If you warm the side with a hot towel, the cheesecake should come out smoothly.

      Delete
  7. I've kept your recipe for months, and finally, I'll prepare.
    It will be the New Year's Eve dessert at home, so wish me luck! :P

    Instead of white wine, to serve for this celebration, I'll use champagne, and perhaps I add mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese, of instead of whipped cream. We'll see what happens, oops.

    Anyway, I can't wait to put this on the table! Although it won't be as pretty as yours.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing O_o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article, exactly what I was looking for.

    my blog post: Raspberry Ketone Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the post and great tips..even I also think that hard work is the most important aspect of getting success..
    women designer shoes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails