Tuesday 23 November 2010

Orange Ricotta Cheesecake


It is the season of citrus fruits, no wonder there're a lot of recipes making use of it. 
Here comes another cheesecake, I'm not bored yet with cheesecakes & I hope you're not too. 
This time I used ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese which I always use, the texture is different as expected but the cheesecake is soft & heavenly smooth, topping with sweet yet tangy caramel oranges.  

What this recipe attracted me the most was the caramel orange with Grand Marnier. 
Ever since I pickled cherries with red wine, I've been attracted in using alcohols & wines for cakes. 
I'm also craving for caramel recently, so I thought this is a wonderful combination when i read through 'Food & Travel' magazine. 
I don't always buy food magazine as I prefer books with great photographs.
It doesn't mean that those magazine is not good, actually they're great, it tells you what's in season & certainly many inspirations indeed.
Recipe (8" round):
adapted from Food & Travel Magazine
Crust
100g digestive biscuit crumbs
40g unsalted butter (melted)

Mix the ingredients & press into a 8" springform pan, refrigerate before use.

Ricotta filling
500g ricotta cheese
250g quark
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
3 large eggs
grated zest of 1 orange
2 tbsp Grand Marnier
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to150'C.
Beat cheese, quark, sugar, orange zest & Grand Marnier until smooth.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Sift in cinnamon & flour.
Bake in the oven for 30 min & leave to cool inside the oven.
Remove from the oven, refrigerate for at least 2 h before serving with the caramel oranges.

Caramel orange
50g caster sugar
2 oranges
60ml Grand Marnier
1 tbsp water

Remove orange peel & pith then cut into slices.
In a saucepan, heat the sugar until amber brown.
Carefully add the Grand Marnier & water, stir to dissolve the sugar on low heat.
Remove from heating, pour over the oranges.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! the cheesecake looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails