Thursday 21 January 2010

Would you like a cup of coffee?


This is a Mochaccino cupcake, not coffee!
I bought a new cookbook with pretty pictures & lots of inspirations.
I didn't follow the recipe exactly as it has coffee liqueur which I don't like.
But I like the idea.

I didn't like to drink coffee, because of the bitter taste.
I'm getting used to the taste & smell of coffee now.
The one I love is Mocha.
A wonderful combination of the bitter from coffee & the sweetness from chocolate.

Mochaccino Cupcakes
2 eggs
80g butter
25g dark chocolate (70%)
150ml milk
120g caster sugar
2 tbsp instant coffee
20g cocoa powder
250g self-raising flour

Decorations:
200ml heavy cream, whipped
Cocoa powder for topping

Butter the cake moulds or line with cupcake cases.
Combine the chocolate, milk & coffee in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth.
Beat soften butter, sugar & eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light & fluffy.
Stir in sifted flours, cocoa powder & warm chocolate mixture, mix until smooth.
Fill the prepared moulds until 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated oven at 180’C for 25 - 30 min.
Remove from the oven, cool on a rack.
Remove cases/moulds from cakes, put them in coffee cups.
Pipe whipped cream on the top & sprinkle with cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails