Thursday 3 June 2010

Bank Holiday Weekend I ~ Jasmine & Lychee Cheesecake

Photo taken by Sei-Him Cheong

It was Bank Holiday weekend last week, so I decided to go home.
My mother has complaint she hasn't seen me for a while so I headed back to Basildon.
It was a very busy weekend.
I baked, went shopping, played with the dogs, had Dim-Sum with my sisters & watched a movie with my brother.
I spent most of the times in baking cakes & cookies for my family.
Also, my brother took all the photographs for me, he's much skilful, as seen from those photographs.
As I'm still tidying up the recipe & photos, I'll slowly post them on my blog.




Photo taken by Sei-Him Cheong


The first one I made was jasmine & lychee cheesecake.
This was the combination I always wanted to try but I waited until I got the silicone moulds I bought from ebay.
I bought 3 different silicone moulds: pyramid, hemisphere & rose.
Back to the cake, I've never used jasmine in dessert before, but it turned out great.
The subtle & floral jasmine with a refreshing sense of lychee.

Recipe (make 6 of 3'' x 3'' pyramids):
Almond cake base:
1 egg
24g sugar
10g plain flour
20g ground almond
8g sunflower oil

Preheat oven to 180'C then grease a 6'' x 9'' baking pan.
Whisk egg & sugar until fluffy & pale.
Fold in the flour, ground almond & finally the oil.
Pour into the prepared pan & bake for 10 - 15 min.
Cool on a wired rack.
Cut into 6 pieces of 3" x 3" square cake bases.

Lychee jelly:
50g canned lychee
50g syrup of canned lychee
2g gelatine

Blend lychees into puree then mix with the syrup.
Boil the syrup, add gelatine & stir to dissolve.
Divide into 6 pyramid moulds & freeze to set.
Once set, remove from the moulds for use.

Jasmine cheese mousse:
3 tbsp dried jasmine flowers
120ml hot water
100g cream cheese
140g whipping cream
45g sugar
6g gelatine

Soak the jasmine into hot water for 15 min, strain & reserve the jasmine tea; reserve some soaked jasmine flowers for decoration.
Add the gelatine to the jasmine tea, dissolve over boiling water.
In a small bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth.
In a large bowl, whisk up the whipping cream with sugar.
Fold in the cream cheese, then the jasmine tea.

Assembling:
Fill the pyramid mould with jasmine mousse until 1/3 full, refrigerate to set.
Remove from the refrigerator, put lychee jelly in the middle, then cover with jasmine mousse.
Place a cake base on top & refrigerate to set.
After demould, decorate with jasmine flower or as you like.

10 comments:

  1. Where do you buy your molds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Litto Bubbo,

    I'm in UK, don't know if it's helpful or not.

    I got the pyramid silicone mould from ebay but they also have an online shop in UK. I think they deliver worldwide.
    http://www.siliconemoulds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yue..
    Love your blog.. try this cake, but apparently the taste of jasmine is not strong enough.. Do you know what i can do to enrich the tea flavour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for late reply.
      I'm not sure if there is any jasmine essence, I think you can try doubling the amount of jasmine tea.

      Delete
  4. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,
    party shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for such an informative piece of information :)
    If anyone interested similar one's have a look here
    petreviewz blog

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I was intrigued by your blog post discussing the Bank Holiday Weekend and the Jasmine Lychee theme. It's always refreshing to read about different perspectives and experiences.
    how to add money to cash app card at 7-eleven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back to your blog post, your description of the leisurely weekend really transported me to a serene state of mind. It's always so important to take these moments to unwind and enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
    https://www.frugalishness.com/does-planet-fitness-have-showers/

    ReplyDelete
  8. "This blog is a treasure trove of wisdom, a sanctuary where one can escape the noise of the digital world and engage with thought-provoking content that nourishes the mind and soul."
    https://www.tryvoucher.com/homespares-discount-code

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The intellectual curiosity and passion that shine through in each post are truly inspiring. This blog is like a beacon that guides readers toward a more enlightened understanding of the world."
    https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/geico-enterprise-discount

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails