Saturday 20 February 2010

In Love with Chestnut II ~ Baked Chestnut Cheesecake


2nd part of chestnut desserts!
Another cheesecake! I'm addicted to cheesecake recently.
In the past, I wasn't fancy about cheesecake, but my mum loves cheesecake, so when I got my hands on cakes I tried to make her some nice cheesecakes.
It turns out that I quite like cheesecake.
Last time I made a chilled chestnut cheesecake, I tried another recipe from this blog (Chinese).
I prefer this baked cheesecake, it's smoother & richer.



Recipe (6'' round):
Crust:
70g digestive biscuit crumbs
30g butter (unsalted & melted)

Mix the crust ingredients & press into a cake pan, cool in a fridge.

Chestnut cheese:
160g cream cheese
40g whipping cream
70g unsweetened chestnut puree
50g sugar
1 egg



Whisk cream cheese & sugar until smooth.
Gradually blend in chestnut puree, egg & whipping cream.
Sieve the cheese mixture, then pour into the prepared pan.
Wrap the pan with 2 layers of aluminium foil.
Sit the pan in a roasting tin, fill the tin with hot water about halfway up the cake pan.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180'C for 10 min, then lower the temperature to 160'C and bake for 30 min.
Turn off the oven, let's the cheesecake cool inside the oven to room temperature.
Cool it further in a fridge overnight before serving.

Chestnut cream:
75g whipping cream
50g chestnut puree
10g sugar

Whisk the whipping cream with sugar to soft peaks, add in the chestnut puree then continue whisking until stiff.

Decorate with chestnut cream and candied chestnut or as you like & serve.

1 comment:

  1. It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing.
    ethnic juttis Online

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails