Monday 28 February 2011

Eating & Photography


I didn't managed to update the blog last week as I was busy eating out & having portrait sessions in London.
Since I got the Nikon 50mm lens, I would like to take more portrait photos so I had a short portrait session with my friend in London on Sunday.





Then, we went to MADD's opening in Soho.
The desserts & drinks were great :)


Later the week, I was invited for dinners with friends, we've been to Addie's Thai Cafe, Bumpkin restaurant & Nando's restaurant.
The food was great & I've spoiled myself of not doing any cooking.
However, I did bake some cheesecakes, simple yet yummy.
The recipe is so versatile & it can be garnished with anything you like, fruits, nuts or chocolate.


At the weekend, I had another portrait session in Hampstead Heath, London.
It's a lovely park, full of energy & beautiful scenes.
We're lucky enough to get some sunshines in the morning before it rained for the rest of the day.
We then went to Camden market for exploring & eating.
This week is going to be more relaxing as I'm planning to make a birthday cake for my mum this weekend and not eating out so often.



Recipe (12 mini cheesecakes):
Simple Baked Cheesecake
300 g cream cheese
3 eggs
90 g plain yogurt
45 g soft brown sugar
4 tbsp plain flour
Marmalade for garnish
Kumquat compote for garnish, see recipe here

Preheat oven to 150C.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth, then combine with yogurt.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
Sift in the flour & fold gently until smooth.
Pour the batter through a sift & divide into a muffin tin.
Decorate with kumquat compote & bake for 15 min.
Remove from oven & brush the surface with marmalade & bake for another 3 min on the upper rack until the surface turns golden colour.

N.B. Kumquat can be replaced with other fruits, raisins or nuts.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. How much flour for the cheesecake mix? The recipe doesn't include the flour as an ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nicole,

    Thanks for pointing out the plain flour. I've corrected the recipe now :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails