Sunday 13 February 2011

Quick Pear Tart & Coconut Truffles


I've a really relaxing weekend, spending time in reading, food & photography.
I also ordered some cookbooks online from The Book People, it always has good prices on top selling cookbooks.
The only problem I have with those cookbooks is that I have a growing list for baking.
Sometimes, I just can't decide what to make next.


I had made this tart 3 times this week, I didn't have them all as I took two for my colleagues & I received many praises.
I made the last one today so I can take some photos.
The tart was simple to make but so yummy.


I also made some coconut truffles as I had some chocolate left.
I thought it'd be great to make truffles for Valentine's day.
Once again, happy Valentine's day to all.



Recipe:
Quick Pear Tart
Ready-rolled puff pastry
1 large pear, peeled, cored & sliced
10 g brown sugar
10 g whipping cream
5 g unsalted butter, cold

Preheat the oven to 180C.
Cut the pastry in 25cm x 13 cm, score lightly on the edge to create a border.
Put the pear slices on top of the pastry & within the border, brush with whipping cream then sprinkle with sugar.
Cut the butter in 5 small pieces & put them evenly on top of the pears.
Bake for 30-35 min or until golden brown.
Serve warm or cold.

N.B. Pear can replaced by apple or other fruits.

Coconut truffles
100 g Valrhona chocolate (72%)
50 g whipping cream
25 g unsalted butter
10 g Malibu rum
Desiccated coconut for dusting

Line a parchment paper on a 6" square pan.
Melt chocolate & butter over simmering water, then combine with whipping cream & rum.
Pour into the prepared pan & chill until firm in the refrigerator.
Once it's firm, cut into 16 squares & sprinkle with desiccated coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails