Sunday 27 March 2011

Joining Online Bake Sale for Japan



I picked up some puff pastry on my way back after college.
I thought it'll be very handy if I'd like some desserts sometimes.
I baked an apple tarte tatin later in the week, it's simple yet making a great dessert that night.

It's a short notice as I have just decided to join the online bake sale held on 30th March by Sabrina from The Tomato Tart.
It'll be an auction style & all sales will go to Second Harvest Japan.
I'm not selling this tarte tatin but mini caramel cakes I've baked before using a recipe from a Japanese patissier, Kazuhito Tomoda.
Please check out the bake sale on 30th March.


Recipe (7" square):
Ready-rolled puff pastry
40 g unsalted butter
50 g sugar
3-4 medium apples
1 tsp earl grey tea leaves

Peel, core & chop the apples.
Using a ovenproof frying pan, melt the butter & sugar until it turns golden brown, add the apples & tea leaves, cook until soft & leave to cool for 15 min.
Preheat oven to 200C
Cut the pastry into a 8" round dish, prick several times with a fork.
Lay the pastry over the apples, tucking the edges down the side of the pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 min or until golden brown.
Leave in the pan for 10 min & carefully turn it upside down on a serving plate.
Serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your beautiful site! Looking forward to cooking my way through your delectable and drool-worthy recipes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subsequent time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I do know it was my choice to learn, however I actually thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could repair in the event you werent too busy in search of attention.
    If you want to learn more about vitamix blender , you can visit now

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails